Thursday, July 29, 2010

This is my brain on drugs...and, Nordy's

Two weeks out! I'm still quite sore, but feeling better everyday. I had my two week check-up with my doctor yesterday. She's so happy with my progress that she said, "I wish I could put it all back in you and do the surgery again, it went so well!" sick woman.

I'm still scootering around Costco and Super Target. Too big to walk! But, I did get to drive Colson to school, all by myself, this morning. The Director and Assistant Director at the kids' school were very excited for my ability to be behind the wheel. However, they requested that I call them once I returned home, so they didn't have to worry that I had any issues with the 3 minute drive to the house.

Lisa and I did make it to Nordy's the other day for a much needed cobb salad and some Anniversary Sale fun. Though it was all wonderful, the only purchases were shoes. Imagine that.

Ashlyn got her fall pair of "sparkle" shoes. She LOVES them - and why wouldn't she...they are DARLING!

I went in to look at a pair of grey boots I had seen online (Nordy's had the audacity to start Anniversary the Friday I was in the hospital...thank goodness for my weak internet connection). They were even more fantastic in person, though!



And, proving my daughter comes by her love of sparkle honestly, I noticed another fabulous pair. I had taken my pain meds at lunch. I was too foggy to say no!




Today we went out to get Ashlyn's hair cut. She got her adorable do trimmed - her hair grows so quickly! She also got the glitter hair spray and the glitter hearts/stars on her cheeks, like last time. So much girly girl!
We continue to be entirely spoiled by Aunt love. Lisa has not only been helping with the kids and the house, but has been making us some very yummy food. Angel hair with vodka sauce a few nights ago, lamb gyros and homemade fries last night. Tonight we're having pork chops with a balsamic vinegar sauce. I'm starving all the time - maybe getting done with some of the pain meds, maybe the fact that my body's compensating for so much being taken out, maybe I'm just into food!? Whatever the case may be, I'm happily eating well!

3 comments:

Alex Eckert said...

I humbly request that you DO NOT include in your blog posts the specifics of the meals that Aunt Lisa is making for you. Especially if any of those words happen to be lamb.

And, if you do insist, please forewarn me so I can put on a bib to collect my drool.

Kelly said...

You may not want to read this for another few days. Or, velcro on the bib.

Tracey G said...

ok, SO diggin' the boots !! AND the sparkles!!

Oh yeah, and also really glad that you are getting more and more "up and around" activities !!! YAY!!!

hang in there!!!

talk soon!