Sunday, July 18, 2010

LONG time, no post

Well, hello again! Steve and I have tossed around ideas of me doing updates on a blog or a Facebook page or a Twitter thingy. I was trying to come up with a name for a blog - since I didn't want to have to have people sign in or get an account for FB or Twitter (also, I can't get on board with the whole Twitty thing). I popped on to this blog and thought - well, I guess "muy loco stuff" applies to the kids and my current adventures. So, very crazy it is!



I am currently sitting in my hospital bed - connected with my super strong 2 bar connection (read: could go at any moment). I am waiting for the nurse to come in with my discharge papers. They don't have a nurse tech this morning, so things are moving a little slower than usual.



I just got a text from my ride. They are currently at Home Depot picking up salt for the pool. Then, they're on their way over. A. Storm is looking forward to seeing some babies in the nursery (I'm on the post-partum floor). She is entirely amused with everyone smaller that her...proving her "I'm a big girl, not a baby" point. I'm sure CXL will head right for the buttons that move the bed. He thought that was very cool when he visited the other night.



I'm very excited to be headed home today. There are the obvious reasons - hugging Muy and Loco all the time - and the less important stuff...my own, significantly more comfortable bed, a better Internet connection and the ability to watch anything more interesting on TV than the stuff I've seen in the past few days.



Health-wise, I'm coming along. By all nurse and doctor accounts, my incision looks great. It basically replaces (Dr. Gillean removes and replaces the old...gross!) my c-section incision. Though similar in a basic concept sense to a c-section (as far as abdominal incision thing goes), this surgery definitely is more intense overall than either of my c-sections.



When I initially woke up on Thursday, the pain was unbearable. They gave me an injection of pain medication to try to get on top of it quickly. In addition to the general pain from surgery, I almost constantly feel like I have to pee. Fun. Really. The doctors say that this is totally normal - mostly a result of having the stents in my ureters during surgery - and will taper off. It actually has gotten a little bit better each day. And, thankfully, the Motrin I take as one of the meds for pain specifically helps it.



Being here in post-partum has been a full circle experience for me and my, now departed, uterus. I think that it has been good to be here, in the specific place I've always been in this hospital - whether we were here for good or bad visits.

The final paragraph of this post I'm writing from my own bed! It is VERY nice to be back home. Little squeaky voices wanting to show me everything new and exciting that happened since I left for the hospital. Furry pals curled up on the bed with me. Pain meds nearby. Ah, all is right with the world!

No comments: