Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lisa's in charge!

12 days post surgery and feeling good. Okay, feeling less sore...but that is good!

Our first live-in nurse/mommy/shake-maker, Mimi, went home yesterday. Though we were all incredibly sad to see her go, Rogue and Steve seem to be the most distraught. Rogue was spoiled rotten. Entirely rotten. Constant love, leg massages, extra food and sleeping (cuddling) in bed with Mimi. This is the life Rogue loves best! Steve enjoyed the extra help around the house and with the kids...but, his main joy came from nightly milkshakes. He's always reminding me how his regular milkshakes dropped off about 5 or so years ago. Shocked that my focus has shifted from providing him a milkshake every night to getting the kids to bed, prepping for school the next day, collapsing...

Lisa is now here and in total charge of the house. Well, Kane is, but he'll let Lisa handle the "person" in charge thing. I went with her this morning for school drop off - the kids are enjoying having someone other than Mommy or Daddy at school...as are their friends.

Tomorrow is "make believe" day at school. The kids get to come dressed as anything they like. We've got some good plans at the moment...and promise some cute pictures. I don't think they've done this before at school. It's like Halloween in July - minus the candy.

Lisa and I have big plans for the day. We're going to head to Nordy's - I'm SO craving a cobb salad. One of my favorites that I did not eat before I was cut off from regular food pre-surgery. It's also Anniversary Sale time. Super cool! This is a fun time of the year for Nanny, as she gets to buy Ashlyn a pair of sparkle shoes (only able to justify these for people with quickly changing shoe sizes when they're on sale!). Ashlyn is actually at school today - she had a low fever yesterday, so we kept her home to make sure it didn't materialize into anything. She got to go to school today instead. And, Nanny doesn't feel like making the trek to Nordy's. So, this trip will be significantly better for Nanny's budget than past Anniversary Sales. Ashlyn's first was 3 years ago. She, Nanny, Barbara and I went. Let's just say there were several cute little girl things and Nanny wanted to buy everything that Ashlyn smiled at...and, of course, she smiled whenever Nanny asked her if she wanted something - since she was 8 months and smiled whenever someone spoke to her! This year - just the shoes! Personally, I'm hoping to try on a pair of Franco Sarto boots I saw online. They look very cute and may just be an early birthday present to me from me! Okay, possibly Ashlyn comes by this shoe obsession honestly.

Until later, loyal readers (that's only plural because I'm counting Ellie, as this may be getting read to her)...have a great day!

3 comments:

Alex Eckert said...

Nope, Ellie didn't get this read to her as she's being cuddled by Mommy right now and I'm in front of the computer with my recently fried chicken. Man I'm a good cook. Well, I cook good fried chicken. Anyway, glad Lisa is in charge and that you're headed to Nordstroms. Ellie asks, "Ashlyn, is Nanny trying to get your closet to look like her shoe closet on Margate???? If so, can I have them all when you out-grow them????"

Kelly said...

Tell Ellie "Roof" (Ashlyn's version of Ruth) that Ashlyn's actual goal is my closet. It's usually the first place she heads when she comes home from school. She tries on pairs, one by one, until she feels like enough of them have been played with for the day. She walks better in 3 inch heels than most women. Scary.
She wants all the big girl shoes, but she does have some good hand-me-down material of her own!

stan eckert said...

hi colson and ashlyn. i did this a couple of hours ago, but i didn't post it correctly, so it never made it on as a comment. ashlyn, you made such pretty designs with your paint, glitter, and glue. emma always liked doing that. she would invite friends over and they would have fun making a mess together. and your haircut looks beautiful, like a big girl. colson, you made some cool looking, brightly colored puzzles that you're lying next to on the family room floor. colson and ashlyn, aunt lisa and uncle dean used to play with your mommy when mommy was the same age as you guys. tell aunt lisa she looks as young and pretty now as she did when mommy was a little girl. of course, uncle dean still looks young also. kelly, thank you for the wonderful pics of lisa and the kids. my love to you all. dad/gramps