Monday, July 19, 2010

Thank you, Aaron Sorkin

Well, I survived the first night at home. Colson was very helpful and headed to bed like the lean, mean sleeping machine he is. Ashlyn was another story. She decided to throw a hysterical fit. She ended up on the blow-up bed in Mommy and Daddy's room. I think it was a mix of over-tired, overwhelmed with Mommy being home and a dash of just plain being a brat.

The cats were happy to get their regular spots in bed, once they saw I was going down for the night. However, one of them got spooked by something around 1 or 2 AM and ran across the bed. This would've been not such a big deal had they not landed on my stomach. NOT comfortable. I had Steve get the flashlight and check my incision - to make sure I wasn't, literally, popping at the seams. So far, so good.

Jiggy showed up to help with the kids' breakfast/school prep this morning. Yay! Steve got ready and dropped them off at school. God help their teachers now!

I decided to start munching on some fruit and toast - since it was time to also start taking some needed pain medicines. I turned on the TV. There it was - intelligent television. "The West Wing"...ahhhh. SUCH a change from the crap I watched at the hospital over the weekend. So good, for so many reasons, to be home!

2 comments:

Alex Eckert said...

So disappointed that you'd include the name Aaron Sorkin in your blog post and have no reference to your obsessed brother who, of course, fell asleep last night watching West Wing :)

stan eckert said...

Hi Kelly,
I'm very happy your home on the road to recovery. Nate set this all up for me. And if he wasn't here I'd be sending smoke signals. My love to Colson,Ashlyn and Steve.
Love Dad