Thursday, August 12, 2010

One more week

I went in for my check-up yesterday. All was good there. Everything I'm feeling - random lightheaded-ness, nausea, the huge downslide in my ability to sleep - is normal with where I am in the recovery process. The good news - Dr. Gillean said all of that should start to significanty improve in the next two weeks. The bad news - that's about when the Lupron joy will begin to set in. Fabulous.

Speaking of that, the craziness has been delayed a week. My Lupron shot wasn't in yet, so I'll be getting it next Wednesday. Dr. Gillean said the first two weeks would be a surge in estrogen and then I'll start to go "downhill" with feeling the crappy side of it. Perfect timing for my sister-in-law's wedding Labor Day weekend! Thank God the wedding takes place at one of the most serene places on the planet...and hopefully it will be cool enough to combat any major hot flashes that may decide to start then!

I got a fun total of about 3 hours of sleep last night. I chose meds that went after pain...and wasn't about to mix those with any Ambien. When Steve rolled over around 5am, I told him he was on his own with the kids for breakfast and getting Colson to school. I knew I wouldn't be functioning at that point! Tonight, it's half an Ambien for me! I'm SO not used to having such messy sleep!

1 comment:

stan said...

hi kelly. thank you for your updates.steve has truly been by your side throughout this whole process, from the surgery on. you are both SO very lucky to love each other and be there for each other! even though you are the one going through all the physical/emotional difficulties of recovery, i wish i could take some of these things upon myself to relieve you of it.but is always gratifying to hear you say how well your doctor says you are coming along. i love you, steve, and the kids. dad