Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First shot is in...

...I suppose I could go with the "but, not the fun kind of shots" comment. But, I've only ever done one shot in my life. Some cinnamon crap drink at the Puke-e-tan in Westlake that Steve bought for me. And, I didn't shoot it...I think I took about 20 minutes and wasn't even able to finish it all.

This was a not so fun, but necessary in the process, shot. The shot itself wasn't that bad. The nurse suggested not looking at it - said it could be a bit overwhelming. I told her that wouldn't be a problem, I never look at the needle stuff anyway. I walked out of the room and said, "Well, I'm not crazy yet." The nurses laughed and told me it wouldn't happen quite so quickly. They laughed again when I told them Steve had scheduled "RUN FAST" on his calendar to coincide with my shot. Then, they stopped laughing and said, "Yeah, that's actually a good idea."

I also started a prescription that is supposed to help ease the side effects of the Lupron. I'm hoping it will help - less hot flashing, mood swings and forgetfulness. Of course, the Lupron may increase my forgetfulness and I'm supposed to remember to take the medicine each day. This seems like a sick Catch 22.

In non-medical news, Dude has his last day at Primrose tomorrow. I absolutely can't believe that is possible. We met his Kindergarten teacher at a Meet and Greet last night. She's been teaching for 35 years and came highly recommended (we'd requested her and were happy to find out that request had been granted). Little has her first day of dance tomorrow. This will be convenient because Steve will pick Dude up from school while I'm at dance with Little. I don't think I could handle picking him up and not breaking down in a non hormonally challenged state! By Monday's first day of Kindergarten, I should be a blubbering fool. Thankfully, the school is having a "Boo Hoo Breakfast" for freaks like me.

1 comment:

stan said...

hi kelly and family. i remember seeing the kids' teachers at their pre-school a couple of times and as you say it's hard to believe colson is now on to kindergarten.it would be nice if he has a couple of friends from pre-school that join him at the new class. as you mention ashlyn's dancing, it's so many years ago you were in the dance class at the shopping center in calabasas at the 101 and valley circle. tom garvey's daughter was in the class with you.you had a recital at some auditorium, i believe at a H.S. in the valley. you wore a blue leotard with white tights.we were all there with nanny and papa, and i remember nanny holding alex on her lap in one of the pics we have from then.i hope the shots and their side effects lessen in their negative effects for you. i love you and the rest of your crew very much. dad